Thursday, May 3, 2012

Don't be that girl.

Ok so here's the deal, I'm not big on classifications, I like to think I'm in a constant state of evolving; However after taking some thought provoking classes during my years of higher education I'd like to fancy myself somewhat of a feminist. (Now for those of you who think feminism is all about burning your bra's, growing out your arm pit hair, & 'sticking it to the man', please educate yourself a bit more before getting all 'judge-y.') I'm a firm believer in equality & like to see most gender rolls broken (having my door opened is still a nice gesture). Not to mention I can recite all the lyrics to every Spice Girl album ever. (Go Girl Power & all that jazz.)
  Now with that being said, I must share with you something that drives me absolutely bonkers.... A box of tampons next to the toilet.

Nothing says "Hey guest of my bathroom! Guess what!? I have my period." quite like a brightly colored 'box of fun' next to the toilet paper.  I don't want to know you have your period; No one wants to know, except maybe your boyfriend who you had unprotected sex with, but other then that no one cares. We probably already figured it out anyways since you've been shuffling around all day eating Ben& Jerry's & crying for no apparent reason. So please princess save me the eye sore next to your thrown. k?

Now some people may take the time to put the box away under the sink when their bathroom is not occupied (kudo's to you), but lets face it, normally I am racing to the bathroom & I forget to grab the box before I sit down, which leaves me trapped & debating a MacGyver type move to open the drawer with nothing but toilet paper & old InStyle magazine. 

Solution? Secret disguise box. 

Well if you haven't tried these Cottonelle Fresh Care Wipes, I suggest you do. Scott brand also has a version and I'm sure your local supermarket probably has their brand version as well.  So being a good consumer I wanted to test the variety; They are all pretty much the same but their boxes come in different designs & colors. So when you finish your pack you can either get a refill wipes, or in my case you can upcycle it into your secret disguise box. 


 Just pop open the bottom portion & fill it up with whatever you need. Then stash the box next to your toilet paper & magazines & no one will be the wiser (& you wont have to find yourself in a MacGyver situation.) 


You Are Welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment