Thursday, May 31, 2012

Perfect Summer Seafood Sauce

Summer is here! For many this means hitting the grill for some burgers & dogs, but for me this means super fresh seafood season! Now I'm not huge on seafood, (I prefer the 'Turf' side of a 'Surf & Turf' any day) but I have really grown to love a nice light white fish with a citrus kick. 

I had gotten some beautiful fresh Tilapia at the market & I knew I wanted to jazz it up a bit for my own little kick off to summer meal, so naturally I headed to the internet for some inspiration. I found myself stumbling around FoodGawker, (if you haven't tried this yet, it's basically like what would happen if Julia Childs had a love child with Pinterest.) when I found this recipe on there and it came with a bonus Lemon Garlic Mayonnaise Sauce (umm yum.) & I decided to give it a go. I did tweak the recipe just a bit (less & 'light' mayo) to make it a bit more healthy, it is pool party season afterall. 

What you need:


Light Mayonnaise w Garlic w Lemon w Salt & Black Pepper



Peal back some of that garlic (1 clove to be exact) & mince it up.


Then you want to measure out 1/2 a cup of Light Mayo



Then you are going to want to squeeze one large lemon which produces about 2 tablespoons full of juice.




Using a spoon, combine the minced garlic, lemon juice & light mayo in a bowl. Sprinkle in some sea salt and black pepper for taste. 


Place the sauce back in the fridge until your ready to serve.

 I up-cyled an old mayo 'squeeze style' bottle & tripled the recipe so I can keep it in my fridge & have it ready to go for next time. *Just make sure you remove the old wrapper & write on the bottle with a sharpie to make sure there is no condiment confusion. :)

& there you have it. This sauce tastes amazing & was a great compliment to the Tilapia (it tastes great with Swordfish & Mahi Mahi too.)



On Pinterest? Repin Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment