Thursday, February 23, 2012

Charmed Chopsticks

Got a hot sushi date, but your chopstick challenged? Don't worry you're not alone. 

I have never been one to master the fine art of using chopsticks. Perhaps its because I spent more time focusing on how to paint my nails, or using a hot glue gun to bedazzle everything (& anything) that I never developed the hand muscles to gracefully eat a meal with two overgrown toothpicks; either way I prefer a fork & knife any day. 
However, there does come a time when I too like to fit in with my sushi fabulous friends. Because lets face it, no one wants to be the neanderthal of the table eating your shrimp tempura roll with your fingers.....totally hypothetical scenario.   

Then one day while dining out at my favorite Chinese food restaurant, I was goofing off trying to eat some rice using the chopsticks when one of the waiters saw me failing miserably & showed me a trick that I have never forgotten. So I guess its time for me to pay it forward to all you chopstick impaired friends. 

What you need:


Chopsticks w Chopsticks Wrapper w Hair tie/Rubber band

Remove the chopsticks from their wrapper & flatten it out. Rub your chop sticks together to remove any flakes of wood that may be left on them


Take your wrapper & fold it in half. Then fold it in half again.


repeat this process about 4-5 times


When you've folded your wrapper up till you can't fold any more take it & place it towards the end of the chopsticks.


Pinch together the ends of the chopsticks creating a 45° degree angle & making the folded wrapper become a wedge. 


Take your hair tie/rubber band and wrap the ends of the chopsticks together, be sure to wrap once at the open end of the wedge to make sure your wrapper stays secure.


You want majority of the hair tie to be at the end of your chopsticks so the lever can open easily.


Test out your chopsticks, they should spring open after you press them together.

Then give them a try! I promise you wont be disappointed! 




Now there are more permanent alternatives out there that come pre-fashioned & have a cute little designs on the ends, but this is much more affordable & you don't have to cart your chopsticks around with you.




I pulled this fortune out of the cookie & found it to be very fitting. :)





On Pinterest? Repin here!


No comments:

Post a Comment