Thursday, February 2, 2012

Mixed Glitter Accent

I have a confession, I am addicted to nail polish, & glitter. I have probably gone through 5 bottles of nail polish remover this year alone, & I'm not sorry about it. So for my first nail blog post I'm going to show you how to spice up your glitter game. This is a spin off of the 'mixed metals' look that has been on my radar, (who knows maybe one day, I'll give that one a try) but instead of metallic polish I'm going to use 2 different glitter polishes.


What you need:

wEssie's Marshmallow w Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear's Disco Ball 
wSally Hansen Diamond Strength's Diamond w Sally Hansen Insta-Dri's quick dry top coat. 


Start with the base coat. I'm using Essie's Marshmallow, this white has a soft creamy hue rather then a stark white color which I would use for a french. 2 coats will give you a good rich coverage.



Next you want to apply 1-2 coats of 'Disco Ball' on your ring finger & thumb. 
Then apply 1 coat of 'Diamonds' on your pointer, middle & pinkie.
Finally you want to apply the quick dry top coat. I applied it just to the accent nails with 'Disco Ball' because Sally Hansen's Diamond Strength doubles as a top coat. (I love two for one's) 


voilà! you have the mixed glitter accent!  Subtle with a touch of pizazz . 





on pinterest? Click here to Repin!


No comments:

Post a Comment